SoundWire lets you send any music or audio ("what you hear now") from your PC to your Android mobile devices, or other PCs!
SoundWire (full version)play.google.com.SoundWire
SoundWire lets you send any music or audio ("what you hear now") from your PC to your Android mobile devices, or other PCs. Use it as:
- A wireless extension of your PC-based music system for parties
- A remote headphone amp
- A way to listen to music and movies from your computer anywhere in your house or out on your deck.
The full version of SoundWire enables unlimited Opus audio compression, can handle up to 10 connections at the same time, and has no ads or interruptions. It also has a special Pro Mode to set and display buffer latency precisely in milliseconds. You can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Grooveshark, Spotify, YouTube, or iTunes and feed the live sound directly to your Android device. SoundWire lets you listen to the free versions of Grooveshark and Spotify on your phone.
SoundWire has low latency (audio delay), which means it can even be used to listen to the soundtrack of a movie or YouTube video while you watch (**Note you must adjust the buffer size in app settings for low latency). There are other uses too... SoundWire can work as a baby monitor or listening device with a computer such as a netbook that has a built-in microphone. Or hook up turntables to your computer's line input and stream a live DJ set to another part of the house. SoundWire can also be used over 3G/4G networks.
- Live audio capture and streaming
- Not locked to one music player
- Excellent sound quality (44.1 / 48 kHz stereo 16-bit, PCM or Opus compression)
- Low latency
- Easy to use
- Compression option greatly reduces network usage
- x86 and MIPS support, send music from PC to PC running virtualized app (Linux/Windows)
- Record SoundWire audio to a file (MP3 or WAV)
For more information see the getting started guide at http://georgielabs.cjb.net/SoundWireHelp.html
What's in this version : (Updated : Oct 4, 2014)
- Fixed fc on connect in Android versions before 4.0.3 for some Pro Mode buffer sizes
- Added support for native audio (OpenSL ES) on Android 2.3+ devices, including low-latency audio support for Android 4.2+ devices which support it.
- Low buffer sizes (8k/40ms) now possible on every Android 2.3+ phone.
- Now automatically reconnects if needed on settings changes (with settings option to disable).
Required Android O/S : 1.6+